Friday, February 22, 2013

Spiritual Growth

When you confess your sins before the Lord have you acquired the habit of asking God in a generic way? Forgive my sins today Lord. God designed details for many reasons and when we become  familiar with God we can slide into that one size fits all attitude towards Life.

Self-awareness consist of keeping on top of our daily living. Assessments and journaling allow us to see how we easily slide out of the targeted zone.


How about our ability to give and receive forgiveness. Do you ever talk to God about that? I have always been able to forgive and forget but receiving anything was difficult for me. Trust was a big issue and the way I saw it if you gave to me you wanted something in return.

When I look in the mirror I want to see what God See's. I want to be free to make mistakes and grow without the fear of rejection. I want to let down all my defenses and allow things to be what ever they are. I want to grow at my pace and not someone else's. Asking friends and family questions that reveal blind spots can open opportunity for growth. Have a covenant group or an accountability partner , someone who loves you , cares about your spiritual walk. Tell the truth about who you are, ask for prayer, and support.

Does the way you live now prepare you for who you are aiming to become? Psalms32-51 can be used as a lead for your confession . 

Define the sins that we struggle with- Envy, lust, greed, anger, avoiding responsibility, gluttony, deceit,lying Look at all the ways you operate in these and make a plan how to respond differently. Define your new vocabulary, and speak the truth of who you are in Christ, 

It is one thing to be aware of sin, and even to no what to do to bring about change. I can even have a plan but I am convinced that when you are face to face with the action of sin you better be talking to yourself and reminding yourself who you are. Not I do not want to do that help me Lord, no, tell yourself the kind of person you are seeking to become and act accordingly.

If upon examination you feel yourself getting angry or putout, realize that every one battles what is on the inside of ourselves, and when you humble yourself before God he will help you to overcome. Change the way you look at the struggle of sin. Remember that growth is a huge part of daily living, it is our purpose to become more like Christ. If this is part of the plan then you can except the process and relax a bit. God certainly is aware of where you are at on the scale of Life. Remember it is ok to be where you are at but when you become aware of sin in your Life it is no longer ok to stay there. That does not mean you are perfect it just means you are on your way. 
R

(Remember you are the Kings child)




No comments:

Post a Comment