Sunday, February 17, 2013

Value the Journey

As a coach it is always a part of the process for goal setting to have an end view of your destination in mind. But since Life takes years to play out I will be continually focused on getting to the next place and finishing what I started. I have found that this becomes a waste of energy, time, resources, emotion, and focus. I have to learn to walk out every single step of this journey and doing so will produce in me a result. If I am frustrated about wanting to get quick results I can become disillusioned , dissatisfied, ungrateful, bitter and unforgiving. If I learn to live in the moment I am in giving it my full focused attention and giving my best efforts I can have something to look forward to each day. I have a purpose in every moment of my Life. How well I succeed in one moment will determine where I go in the next. Slowing down and realizing that when I arrive really does not matter but how I get there and who I become along the way does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment