Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Why Bother.


Have you ever ask yourself that question before? Why bother getting dressed up , or why bother doing , the dishes, and house work, or taking bath's. Why bother with house work or yard work ?

I have found it to easy to become complacent about Life in general . Without a cause or purpose we really can just sit back and take a who cares  attitude towards Life and others.

I have wondered about the daily grind and the point to all of it. For me I realizes that we always reap what ever we sew and those daily things we do help to condition us , make us stronger, help us to become responsible people , teach us respect and how to honor and value things and people.

Getting up daily and seeking God, showering and putting on nice clothes even when you are not going anywhere builds character, builds  respect from others and makes you feel value in yourself. i have watched people that start to compromise their life styles and take the path of least resistance in every way and the results are evident to others around you. Slothful living leads to financial bankruptcy, relational bankruptcy,
as well as your health and mental and emotional states start to suffer.

I laugh when someone ask me why do you bother to make your bed , you are only going to mess it back up. or who sees it anyway?

I believe that everything is given to us by God and we are to be good stewards of what we have. I not only honor God but also myself. If anyone comes to my home I want them to feel the presence of God and the way you take care of yourself and the things you have speaks about who you are .

I always say that if what you have serves a purpose, then everything that has purpose should also have a place. If your things are always on the floor then they have not been given a place of honor and they have no value to you so they are there for trash.

Living life on purpose, is choosing to value and honor Life in all of it's forms. Today is a new day, plan your purposeful lifestyle and start living as though everything and everyone is loved and valued by God.

Thank you God for purpose it gives meaning to life, it gives us a way to be shaped and molded into your image. Your grace is sufficient for the task.

Send me your comments, I value your in-put.





No comments:

Post a Comment