Friday, March 8, 2013

I Thrive when I Survive

How do you measure success? What is it at the end of the day that gives you a reason to get up the next day?

As for me my whole life has been about struggle and pushing, pushing, and pushing up up up , out from under the hand of oppression, and control.

For the longest time I thought what is wrong with me that I have so many trials and struggles to overcome. Why is life so difficult?

Not until I came to know Christ did I realize that this life was  going to be something that through Christ we would have to overcome.

You and I have purpose in the struggle and each time we overcome we have learned to survive by the grace of God . I am always amazed when I get on the other side of a challenge and realize that survival happens when I thrive on allowing Christ to strengthen me. 

I thrive on knowing who I am in Christ and what I have been given access to. I thrive on knowing how loved I am , and how God values each one of his creatures.
I thrive on the gifts given to me, and on the environment I have been placed in. Not because it is perfect but because it is all I need . I thrive on the hope of tomorrow and on sharing God with others. I do not believe God wants us just to survive but rather to thrive. Thrive right where you are and be thankful for what you have. Thrive on the journey that leads to eternity. Now that is something worthy of survival. But why wait go ahead and thrive on the life you have now, this moment for it is all that has been promised to you. The picture above glows with the multitude of stars that are thriving in the sky. When we thrive we multiply, and give back. There is abundant life thriving inside the believer waiting to be seen., Don't Just Survive , Live And Thrive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment