Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Value of a Home

When I was growing up Home ownership was always something in the heart of every man and women. Having a Home was part of the American Dream. 

Owning a Home was part of the family heritage and it was something to be valued and loved. A home is the place where families grow together, and play together, it is a place of safety, and where your treasures are displayed. 

The home teaches us how to do family, how to respect things and people. It is also a portrait of your story. The home today has lost it's value because of the broken state of families, the economy,and a mind set that values speed and ease.

  The size of the home does not matter but the people who live there certainly do. I think that owning a home is something that holds families together. Working together and staying close instead of moving away and leaving everyone else to take care of our families. It takes everyone to be successful. Growing your own food, cooking and sowing, making your clothes, things like home schooling your children and helping your neighbors, creates a world of balance and I believe significance. I have worked outside of the home and as I look at the economy, and the need for our children to be guided and nurtured, I look at the food supply, and the energy, everything we face today I believe could be improved with home ownership, family, and self sufficiency.There is more to it than that but my point is that purpose comes and quality of life comes when we have consistency and something worth working towards. I am all for home ownership, small family business where we can all be good stewards of our own lives.

I do not think we would have so much trouble with our youth if we had homes, family business and became self sufficient by supplying our own basic needs.It is time to avaluate our world and step back in order to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment