Thursday, May 16, 2013

Hands Off

Today as with everyday they are full of teachable moments. My grandchildren age 5 twins, where playing and the boy was running his car over his sister's legs. This obviously annoyed her as I heard her crying. 

The lesson taught today was one of respecting people's body and personal space. I told my granddaughter it was up to her to communicate with people when they do things to her that she does not like .

 If she asks nicely and tells the person to please not touch her, and they continue then she is to tell an adult. As for my grandson, he was made aware that if ask not to touch someone he needs to move away and respect their wishes. We had a trial run through, and I then stated the consequences if either of them did not respect someone Else's wishes pertaining to touching them. The lesson went both ways, and they clearly understood. Now we will see if they remember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment