Thursday, June 6, 2013

I willingly allow others to control me to meet my needs.

We are all drawn to, beauty. Beauty captivates us, it causes us to dream about things and life at a different level. 

Today it came to my mind that there are people trapped in a cycle that holds them captive, because they are drawn to others or to things . This desire is to meet a human need, and many will go to great extreme to get their human needs met. Often compromising their basic principles of life.

I have witnessed people who are obsessed with another person, and they are like puppets on a string. These people have no self-control and are manipulated and controlled  like mindless robots.

Some of those people are well aware of their weakness and just give in to it. These people compromise relationships with friends and families. They walk away from responsibilities , and put others in awkward positions. I think at some point if you are guilty of this behavior, you should not be surprised when others walk away from you. It is not because they do not care about you , rather they realize that your choices cost them more than they are willing to pay. For the one  being controlled by another, you must realize this is out of balance and for a believer in Christ we are called to be in control of ourselves under the headship of the Lord.

You can spend your entire life doing good , and because you refuse to let go of one area in your life , you can cancel out the effect you have had on the world for good, because people seem to focus on weakness more than on, strength.

I have to wonder what spirit is behind this behavior ? Are we so weak in our need for love, that we are willing to be pushed around, manipulated and controlled by someone else. 

Perhaps we could examine our hearts and admit that we want what is happening and are not willing to let go. 
Today I Choose life by surrendering my needs to God and allowing no man to control or manipulate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment