Sunday, July 14, 2013

Inconsistency.

I have become very aware of people who operate under the presumed assumption that every one should automatically no what your life principles are. Unspoken principles are easily broken. 

I experienced the wrath of a friend who let me know in no uncertain terms that I broke one of their principles, and they wanted me to pay the price.

This was a long time ago and I recently spoke with them and listened to their thoughts and beliefs and found myself resisting when it came to receiving from them. I prayed about this and wondered why I could not take them seriously. The answer came to me today, and I realized that their words were inconsistent to reality. In other words, the principle they stood on was only relevant when it directly affected them. If someone else did what I did it would not have mattered .

In order for a principle to be effective it must be used consistently across the board wether it cost you something or not.

Today I Choose Life by Choosing to hold my ground where my principles are concerned in order to build trust with others and see positive life change in the world. 



No comments:

Post a Comment