Friday, September 20, 2013

Attentiveness

ATTENTIVENESS - Showing the worth of another person or task by giving my undivided concentration.

The surest way to make a person feel respected is to look them in the eye while they are speaking, and listen with empathy, ( the intent to understand ), with no unnecessary distractions, like cell phones. 

We are not so important that we cannot turn our cell phones on vibrate and be intentional about caring for the person directly in front of us. 

When I am on the phone with someone and they get another call, and put me on hold or tell me they will call me back, I instantly think you are rude and disrespectful. 

There is no one person more valuable to you than the one God has placed in front of you at the moment. Choose Life today by being Attentive to whom ever God brings your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment