Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Before You Utter a Word

Think before you speak, or if you do not have something nice to say, do not say anything at all. Remember these things we were taught as children? Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me. 

It is so easy to speak out of the emotion of the moment, or out of ignorance, but the damage is done the second you open your mouth. 

Choosing the type of person you would like to be and taking a moment to step back and ask yourself a few questions. Such as is what I am thinking and about to say really true? How do I know it is true?

Is the remark a fair assessment of the situation, And is it necessary for me to say it? How about how is this statement going to empower or help someone?

Talking just for the sake of talking is a futile waste of energy and our energy is already taxed . I have found that when I tell myself that my opinion really does not matter unless it is to help someone in a loving way then I spare others and myself a lot of grief. 

Remember there are some things in life we cannot take back, and what you say in a moment of weakness could and usually does change your relationship with others.

I encourage us all to practice the art of self-control and hold our tongue's .Take the time to assess and evaluate the circumstance and the person. You really have no way of knowing anything about them unless they share their hearts with you. Show compassion and give people a break. Often your agenda is framing your way of thinking and the motive is often self-serving , not focused on adding value to others.

Ask yourself would I want anyone to say something that could hurt to me? And then turn it around a bless them with something that will make them feel good about themselves and life in general. Life is always a choice and choices are made after thinking them through.


No comments:

Post a Comment